Friday, April 24, 2009

Thoughts

Its Friday, aaaaand playoff time; life is good! First off, I'm seriously disturbed by this Tony Allen death threat situation! I dont know all of the specifics on it, but from whats been reported, Tony Allen (of the Boston Celtics) has been recieving death threats from someone in Chicago...his own hometown! I hate to jump to conclusions, but given the timeliness of the threats, it would seem that they're connected to the fact that he's a Celtic, who happens to be playing against the Bulls. If that is, indeed, the case...I pray that Tony Allen defies "role player" laws, and goes for 50 in a game 7 of this series (btw, I would LOVE to see this series go to a game 7). Not that I want to see the guy get killed (heck no!); I just think this is absolutely ridicoulous, and what better way for Allen to discuss his disgust, than through his game??? I know it won't happen (besides, Tony Allen hardly plays these days) unless I have anything to do with it. Therefore i'll be forcing myself to play with Boston on NBA 2k9 all weekend (inserting Tony Allen in the starting lineup, in place of the other Allen) until Tony score's 50 (or until Derrick Rose reminds me of why I play with the Bulls on there in the first place, lol). IT'S COLD IN CHICAGO!

Rajon Rondo just continues to amaze me. I can remember a year ago, everyone with an opinion in the sports world, stating that Boston would not reach success with Rondo as their point guard. This guy IS the reason for their success these days. Quite honestly, he's been the most consistent Celtic thus far in this series, averaging a triple double with 23 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists a game (for those who learned to round .7 up, lol)! Sure, Paul Pierce caught fire lastnight, but Rondo has carried the Boston through with his excellent offensive play, clutch baskets and offensive rebounds, and stellar defense. No more of this "Big 3" talk; give the kid his credit!

I personally thought that it was a wise decision on the part of Steph Curry to enter the NBA draft this year. Not that it's his fault (you try playing against a triple team every night), but his stock dropped considerably compared to the previous year's cinderalla season. He's a pure shooter, and i'm a firm believer in the fact that "shooters can shoot." That may sound simple, but some would argue his ability of effectiveness at the next level. Remember that basic phrase though, "shooters can shoot."

I was deeply saddened by the signing of WR Torry Holt to the Jaguars. Not that I have anything against the Jaguars, I had just personally come up with some craaazy idea in my head that my Cowboys would sign him as our number 1 reciever. He still has a few good years left, and he brings a ton of excitement and personality to the game; I thought he would be a perfect fit! I can't say that I'm sold on Roy Williams as our number 1...guess i'll just have to wait and see. Speaking of football, those Falcons just get more and more scary. The signing of verteran TE Tony Gonzalez offically makes them one of the most dangerous teams of the upcoming season. This may be the season to bring the "Dirty Bird" dance back...I just hope Tony doesn't do it. lol. Barely takes a genius to know that!

No comments:

Post a Comment